Didly12.net -CLOSED-
Welcome to didly12.net, your looking at a site for artist run in Tallahassee FL.

What is this site?
A social network for artist, a forum, a chat site, and even a free dating service at times.

Why should I join?

*Access to the chat
*The ability to post
*Your own customizable profile and the ability to see others
*Member only forums (Members lounge,Clubs and Crews, etc.)
*Use the private messaging
*Get acess to our gallery to submit your art.
*No advertisements

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Didly12.net -CLOSED-
Welcome to didly12.net, your looking at a site for artist run in Tallahassee FL.

What is this site?
A social network for artist, a forum, a chat site, and even a free dating service at times.

Why should I join?

*Access to the chat
*The ability to post
*Your own customizable profile and the ability to see others
*Member only forums (Members lounge,Clubs and Crews, etc.)
*Use the private messaging
*Get acess to our gallery to submit your art.
*No advertisements

Didly12.net -CLOSED-
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should the video section have topics that are more than videos?

5 posters

Go down

Should the videos section be more than a video sharing portal?

Should the video section have topics that are more than videos? I_vote_lcap75%Should the video section have topics that are more than videos? I_vote_rcap 75% 
[ 3 ]
Should the video section have topics that are more than videos? I_vote_lcap25%Should the video section have topics that are more than videos? I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 4

Should the video section have topics that are more than videos? Empty Should the video section have topics that are more than videos?

Post by Jordan Tue 02 Jun 2009, 5:08 pm

The videos section has indeed become a video sharing portal, but some people think that the videos section should have some more conversation.

DISCUSS.

UPDATE: Personally, I have to vote yes on this. I think that videos should be commented on before you post videos to share yourself. Its kinda common around here to post a bunch of videos and then not comment on anyone elses. Thats the improvement I wish to make...

NOTE: this debate also applies to the music section.

Last edited by Jordan on Tue 02 Jun 2009, 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jordan
Jordan
Webmaster
Webmaster

Enlistment Date: : 2008-08-17

http://J850media.roflforum.net

Back to top Go down

Should the video section have topics that are more than videos? Empty Re: Should the video section have topics that are more than videos?

Post by Jordan Tue 02 Jun 2009, 5:14 pm

zombieman84 wrote:
Jordan wrote:
zombieman84 wrote:
Jordan wrote:
Lazer_X wrote:Oh great, he is becoming his sister... The music zealot.

The music and video portions of the site are meant for sharing this stuff. There's nothing wrong with posting TONS of your fave stuff. Rather we have people watch it on here than youtube right?

It's not that it's wrong, more like it's annoying.

Think of it as a video sharing portal... for embeds Very Happy

Video sharing portals make you create your own videos. This is just a +1 post count type thing going on.

This user makes the arguement that its a +1 post count type of thing. But in reality, you are sharing videos YOU found on youtube and at some times users like me have shared videos they made. Maybe the name "Video Sharing Portal" is not entirely accurate, perhaps a "Embedded video sharing area" or somthing of that nature.
Jordan
Jordan
Webmaster
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Should the video section have topics that are more than videos? Empty Re: Should the video section have topics that are more than videos?

Post by zombieman84 Tue 02 Jun 2009, 5:26 pm

Jordan wrote:
zombieman84 wrote:
Jordan wrote:
zombieman84 wrote:
Jordan wrote:
Lazer_X wrote:Oh great, he is becoming his sister... The music zealot.

The music and video portions of the site are meant for sharing this stuff. There's nothing wrong with posting TONS of your fave stuff. Rather we have people watch it on here than youtube right?

It's not that it's wrong, more like it's annoying.

Think of it as a video sharing portal... for embeds Very Happy

Video sharing portals make you create your own videos. This is just a +1 post count type thing going on.

This user makes the arguement that its a +1 post count type of thing. But in reality, you are sharing videos YOU found on youtube and at some times users like me have shared videos they made. Maybe the name "Video Sharing Portal" is not entirely accurate, perhaps a "Embedded video sharing area" or somthing of that nature.

Still, some people have just been putting every single video they find on YouTube they like on here with little or no comment. I've done it once too, but after the 15th video, enough is enough.We don't need a video sharing area just for putting up videos; there are plenty of sites to do that for us.
However, on the other side, if it's something you made, then it's definetly cool to put your stuff there.
That is all.
zombieman84
zombieman84
MOD
MOD

Enlistment Date: : 2008-11-22

http://zombieman84.newgrounds.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 02 Jun 2009, 5:34 pm

I think we do need an area to share videos. Youtube itself is cool but if we can get people to put up there faveorite videos its good because,

A. There are interesting videos that we would never find by ourself becuase different people are interested in different stuff and have different methods of searching etc.

B. We don't even have to leave didly12 to see our fave vids keeping people on longer.
Kenny
Kenny
Private
Private

Enlistment Date: : 2008-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by zombieman84 Tue 02 Jun 2009, 5:36 pm

Kenny wrote:I think we do need an area to share videos. Youtube itself is cool but if we can get people to put up there faveorite videos its good because,

A. There are interesting videos that we would never find by ourself becuase different people are interested in different stuff and have different methods of searching etc.

B. We don't even have to leave didly12 to see our fave vids keeping people on longer.

Hmm...good point. I agree with all that, but I think people actually need to type a comment with the video; otherwise it's sort of a +1 post count thing, like I mentioned before.
zombieman84
zombieman84
MOD
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 02 Jun 2009, 5:40 pm

zombieman84 wrote:
Kenny wrote:I think we do need an area to share videos. Youtube itself is cool but if we can get people to put up there faveorite videos its good because,

Hmm...good point. I agree with all that, but I think people actually need to type a comment with the video; otherwise it's sort of a +1 post count thing, like I mentioned before.

Yes. I can agree with that. there does need to be more video commenters.
Kenny
Kenny
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by zombieman84 Tue 02 Jun 2009, 5:42 pm

Kenny wrote:
zombieman84 wrote:

Then I guess the debate's over, cause there's nothing more to argue about. Razz
zombieman84
zombieman84
MOD
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 02 Jun 2009, 5:43 pm

zombieman84 wrote:
Kenny wrote:
zombieman84 wrote:

The question is, how? How are we going to get more people to do that?
Kenny
Kenny
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by zombieman84 Tue 02 Jun 2009, 5:57 pm

Kenny wrote:
zombieman84 wrote:
Kenny wrote:
zombieman84 wrote:

Well, I guess putting in new rules would help. But, if it comes down to it...

Should the video section have topics that are more than videos? Banhammer
zombieman84
zombieman84
MOD
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Tue 02 Jun 2009, 6:02 pm

zombieman84 wrote:
Kenny wrote:
zombieman84 wrote:
Kenny wrote:
zombieman84 wrote:

That's to harsh. And the rules would be hard to explain...
Jordan
Jordan
Webmaster
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by zombieman84 Wed 03 Jun 2009, 2:58 pm

Jordan wrote:
zombieman84 wrote:
Kenny wrote:
zombieman84 wrote:
Kenny wrote:
zombieman84 wrote:

That's to harsh. And the rules would be hard to explain...

Perhaps just general guidelines for making good posts or something; and I guess if people SPAM videos in, then we could just delete the threads, making the spam pointless for the spammer.
zombieman84
zombieman84
MOD
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by Lazer_X Wed 03 Jun 2009, 9:42 pm

Slipknot always spams in videos, whenever she posts a song.
Lazer_X
Lazer_X
MOD
MOD

Enlistment Date: : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by zombieman84 Wed 03 Jun 2009, 9:46 pm

Lazer_X wrote:Slipknot always spams in videos, whenever she posts a song.

Then I guess we're gonna have to DELETE FUCKING EVERYTHING.
zombieman84
zombieman84
MOD
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by gotmilk? Thu 04 Jun 2009, 1:08 am

zombieman84 wrote:

naw, don't. jordan just said its a video sharing portal. the key is to respond to those vids.
gotmilk?
gotmilk?
Private
Private

Enlistment Date: : 2009-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post by zombieman84 Thu 04 Jun 2009, 2:20 am

gotmilk? wrote:
zombieman84 wrote:

naw, don't. jordan just said its a video sharing portal. the key is to respond to those vids.

Replying to spam threads is just going to add fuel to the fire.
zombieman84
zombieman84
MOD
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Thu 04 Jun 2009, 3:50 am

zombieman84 wrote:
gotmilk? wrote:
zombieman84 wrote:

We already went over this, posting videos is not spam.
Jordan
Jordan
Webmaster
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by zombieman84 Thu 04 Jun 2009, 1:51 pm

Jordan wrote:
zombieman84 wrote:
gotmilk? wrote:
zombieman84 wrote:

We already went over this, posting videos is not spam.

Ya, POSTING videos is not spam. But SPAMMING videos in is a problem, as much as any other type of spam.
zombieman84
zombieman84
MOD
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down